On Mar 19, 6:21 pm, Minh Nguyen <nguyenmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Dr. David Kirkby
>
> <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > Does anyone have any comments on those, or additions?
>
> The guidelines you listed above sound reasonable to me.

I agree, except for part of #4: "The author must provide evidence to
the reviewer".  I think we should trust the authors: if they say that
it builds on Solaris, then we should believe that they have tested
it.  They shouldn't need to provide anything except a statement.  I
would also say that the reviewer should test it themselves on as many
platforms as they have access to.

By the way, to facilitate testing on Solaris, we should have a recent
binary build available so people can quickly install a copy on t2.math
(for instance) to which they have write access.  It would be great if
there were a tar.gz file advertised in the motd on that machine.

--
John