Minh Nguyen wrote:
Hi David,

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:

<SNIP>

Does anyone have any comments on those, or additions?

The guidelines you listed above sound reasonable to me. Could you
please open a ticket and add those guidelines?

I will do, though it would be good if we could get some feedback from others before I add them. John Palmieri felt #4 needed changing. Hence I suggest that is changed to

"4) Does it at build on Linux, OSX and Solaris? The author should provide the output of 'uname -a' on all system where they have checked the updated package and place that on the trac ticket.

The reviewer(s) should test on at least one Linux, OS X and Solaris system. Ideally, these systems should be different to those used by the author. In the case of the Linux system, a different distribution of Linux would be preferable. However, in some cases the reviewer may have no option but to test on the same systems as the author, though they should try to test on different systems if possible."

However, have I overlooked anything?

Dave