On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 03:50:43PM +0000, John Cremona wrote:
> PS This would be a suitable discussion for the newly-formed sage-algebra list!

Oops, right!

Speaking of that: the primary purpose of sage-algebra is to allow
people to follow algebra related discussions without having to follow
all of sage-devel; it is not to reduce traffic on sage-devel, right?

Therefore, shouldn't all mail to sage-algebra be automatically
forwarded to sage-devel? Then, other sage developers could still keep
an eye on what's going on. And for those that could be bothered, it is
easy to setup a filter since the subject will always contain
"Sage-algebra".

At least, that could be a good intermediate measure, until most people
have registered to sage-algebra.

The same question applies to sage-combinat-devel; there has been
people on sage-devel regretting not to be aware of some discussions
going on there. And I find myself very often CC'ing to both lists.

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/