I add changes to the trac. So it will be possible to autodetect
dependent and independent variables in most cases (actually in all
cases sage is able to solve in this moment).

The same can be done with systems I guess and of course with bug

Anyone who are interested in can do it in similar way (look through
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/f2ba2198dc5b79ed
to get help)

My opinion is - it is necessary to create native sage module to solve
ODE.

some new and easy to solve bugs:

sage: x,t=var('x t')
sage: f=function('f',x)
sage: g=function('g',t,x)
sage: de1=diff(f,x)+f+1
sage: de2=diff(g,x)+g+1
sage: dsolve(de1)
(c - e^x)*e^(-x)
sage: dsolve(de2)
NotImplementedError                       Traceback (most recent call
last)

/media/cellar/sage/sage-4.3.3-linux-64bit-ubuntu_9.10-x86_64-Linux/
<ipython console> in <module>()

/media/cellar/sage/sage-4.3.3-linux-64bit-ubuntu_9.10-x86_64-Linux/
local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sage/calculus/desolvers.pyc in
desolve(de, dvar, ics, ivar, show_method, contrib_ode)
    375                 raise NotImplementedError, "Maxima was unable
to solve this ODE."
    376         else:
--> 377             raise NotImplementedError, "Maxima was unable to
solve this ODE. Consider to set option contrib_ode to True."
    378
    379     if show_method:

NotImplementedError: Maxima was unable to solve this ODE. Consider to
set option contrib_ode to True.

In second case answer is the same, but c = function('c',t)

P.S.: Please look at
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/f2ba2198dc5b79ed