PS:

On 22 Apr., 23:13, Simon King <simon.k...@nuigalway.ie> wrote:

> I like Umwandlung! It sounds rather natural to say "Es gibt eine
> kanonische Umwandlung von ZZ nach GF(5)".

That said: How would one express the difference between "conversion"
and "canonical coercion"?
Example:
  sage: R1.<a,b> = ZZ[]
  sage: R2 = ZZ['d','e']

This is conversion from an element of R1 to R2:
  sage: R2(a)
But there is no canonical coercion between R1 and R2, and actually no
parent structure R3 with both canonical coercions from R1 to R3 and R2
to R3. Consequently:
  sage: R1(1) == R2(1)
  False

Do you think the distinction between "Umwandlung" (=conversion) and
"kanonische Umwandlung" (=coercion) is strong enough?

Best regards
Simon