cch schrieb:
To bb;

1. Is there anywhere a md5 available?
2. The downlaod has a speed of about 13 KB/s, not a breakneck speed, one
might get it in about 20 hours. Is it possible to copy the iso to
another place with large pipes?

1. Yes, you can also find md5 file in the same directory.
2. At this time, only one light server is working. And I have no idea
how to speed up the our apache server.

Further introduction for such cdrom:
1). slax is highly sophiscated live system. you can EASILY remaster
cdrom to flexible USB system. Just copy all the file into USB stick
and execute the following to make USB stick bootable:
   a)  /boot/bootinst <USB Disk>               # <USB Disk> is the
real name which is regconized by Windows MS system, for instance: d:
   b) /boot/bootinst.sh <USB Disk>           # <USB Disk> is the real
name which is regconized by Linux, for instance: /dev/sdb1
2). I have also setup up the Sage development environment to build
Sage. At the next time, I will support independent sage module for
slax Linux. If you make USB Sage system by yourself  from 1), you can
upgrade the Sage only by replacing the old Sage module as follows
steps:
  a) download last Sage module, for instance: sage-x-x.lzm;
  b) delete old sage module in /slax/optional/python/ and put the new
sage module in the directory. Reboot system to activate the new Sage.
3) Making your own CDROM image: Enter /slax/ directory and execute " ./
make_iso.sh /dir/sage.iso". The new image, sage.iso, will be created
in /dir/

These are benefits from Slax project!

However, if you are python users, you can also find several slax
modules in:

http://diffusion.cgu.edu.tw/ftp/modules/

Especially python and cas directory. Integrating them into your system
just as the step 2b). And baking.txt in this directory is the making
log if you are interested. In my USB stick, I also set up Sage with
MayaVi, Scitools, openopt, Axiom, Scilab etc.

Hope this note can help the cdrom users.

Best Regards,
chu-ching huang

At least I managed the download, so I could try.

Thanks for that nice distro! Great work!

Regards BB