> Nonon, it is just that if you now type g.complement() on a Bipartite
> Graph in Sage, you will raise an exception ! My function fails only
> when I call it on a bipartite Graph !

I guess my point is that a graph should be a BipartiteGraph when it
makes sense. It certainly seems right to me to have
graphs.CompleteBipartiteGraph(n) for example to give a BipartiteGraph.
The error message should indicate clearly and easily how to change
this, i.e. get a non-B.G. copy of the object, which is a normal graph.

> ticket about edge addition, but there is no way for a normal user to
> think of it as something else than a bug in Sage, or a very bad idea
> of class design... :-/

This *is* a bug in complement! It should either check for the
Bipartite case or (in my preference) BipartiteGraph should have its
own version. Maybe this is a case for bringing the coercion model into
Sage's graph infrastructure (not it :).

--
Robert L. Miller
http://www.rlmiller.org/