On May 25, 11:14 am, François Bissey <f.r.bis...@massey.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sympow is a weird program. Not really completely standard. The problem
> is the datafiles folder for the data generated by sympow must be in the
> same folder as the one containing the executables and the sympow scripts.
> Which is a lot of fun when sympow is installed as root.
> In debian (and in gentoo) we elected to move the executable in
> /usr/share/sympow and install a script in /usr/bin/ to execute sympow in the
> proper place.

Thats no more correct on gentoo - I have written a set of sed commands
which fixes this behaviour:

http://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/blob/master/sci-mathematics/sympow/sympow-1.018.ebuild

(see lines 27 to 55).

I think this could be adapted for Sage, too, but this would be more
difficult because one cannot assume ${SAGE_LOCAL} to be /.