Hi Florent,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Florent Hivert
<florent.hiv...@univ-rouen.fr> wrote:

<SNIP>

> I like this way of seeing. However, I was speaking about module or functions
> which are not tested nor deprecated and nowhere used into sage (easy to check
> using grep). Does it make sens to remove them without a deprecation warning ?
> Many code seems to had been put here, just in case it is useful, and was never
> used by the sage lib itself, but maybe by some users...
>
> Do we agree on the policy:
>
>  - If a user need a code, he should take care to document and test it.
>  - Corollary: any code which is not tested, nor used can be safely removed
>  without a deprecation warning.

There are functions, classes, methods that were introduced into the
Sage library well before the policy of 100% doctest coverage was
implemented and os completely lack testing. It can be difficult to
know if a piece of orphaned code should be removed. I think we need to
consider your proposed policy on a module by module basis.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen