On 07/18/10 10:51 PM, koffie wrote:
Hi All,

I'm just starting with sage developement and after my first patch I
think it's time to use something more sophisticated then a plain tekst
editor to do the coding for sage. I started this thread so people can
share which IDE's they are using and what they like about it. The
following is a list of things I would like to hear about you IDE. You
can skip questions if you don't like to awnser them.

Which OS does it run on (linux/os x/windows)?
Is it open source/free but not open source/paid?
How easy is it to install?
Does it require manual configuration after installation to be suitable
for python/sage developement? (if so what should be changed?)
What do you like about the IDE? (maybe a small list of key features)
What do you hate (or don't like) about the IDE?

Thanks in advance,
Maarten Derickx

I use 'vi' myself.

Dave