On 07/23/10 12:39 PM, François Bissey wrote:
While I'm not discounting a parallel make issue entirely, it doesn't look
like a typical one. The failing .lo's include the first one to be built in
a non-parallel build, so it seems unlikely that one would be suffering
from missing dependencies. (And there are no errors reporting missing
files.)

Could you have hit some kind of resource limit? Maybe a maximum number of
processes per user? Max mem usage? Disk space?

OK. If it is a parallel make it should be reproducible reliably on the machine
Dave used. If not or it is random it could very well be something else as you
suggest.

Francois

Parallel issues are often not reproducible reliably.

I've just set the build going to build it 100 times, and see how often it fails. (Sod's Law says it will work perfect all 100 times)

Dave