Hi Rob,

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 22:00:12 -0700 (PDT)
Rob Beezer <goo...@beezer.cotse.net> wrote:

> Hi Burcin,
>
> As Dana Ernst has now mentioned on the ticket, this an outgrowth of
> the professional development workshop that Jason Grout, Karl-Dieter
> Crisman and myself have been running this summer on Sage through the
> Mathematical Association of America.  Dana is one of our top
> students.  ;-)  But seriously, he is interested in contributing to
> Sage and I've been helping him along with the process.

His patch was perfect. I'd be really happy to see other people
contribute to symbolics. There are lot's of relatively simple issues
new developers could address. We should be more careful about keeping a
clean user interface however.

> Another one of the "students" (faculty at mostly undergraduate
> colleges) wondered about why these keywords were not present (I think
> they may be in some other of the M's, but obviously not Maple, and I
> can't recall exactly).  So we all suggested they could be added, and
> Dana took the bait.

Here is the help page for the MMA command Limit:

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/Limit.html

They seem to only allow -1 and 1 for the Direction argument.

I suggest we add "left" and "right" (instead of "from_left" and
"from_right"). In addition, deprecate "above" and "below".

Comments?

Burcin