> > I suggest we add "left" and "right" (instead of "from_left" and
> > "from_right"). In addition, deprecate "above" and "below".
>
> +1 from me.  I think that would be a big improvement.

I'm assuming that you want to replace "from_left" (respectively,
"from_right") with "left" (respectively, "right").  There are two
reasons why I elected to go with "from_*":

1.  This is more akin to the language that students use when learning
one-sided limits.
2.  I wanted to avoid confusion about whether "left" meant "moving
leftward" as opposed to "from the left."

I'm not particularly in love with "from_*" and I am certainly
agreeable to changing it (as suggested earlier or otherwise).  Can we
use the symbols "+" and "-"?  This most closed mimics the standard
notation and is concise.  Thoughts?

Dana