On 08/11/10 11:37 AM, David Kirkby wrote:
On 10 August 2010 10:35, Kutoma Ltd<goen...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hello to everyone,

Just downloaded the latest source tar file for SAGE ( 4.5.2) inclusive
the README.
Hope someone can advise a bit more about the follow statements
written.

x86_64 OpenSolaris (64-bit)   -- not officialy supported,but nearly
works         but later on

OpenSolaris                        --  not supported

Thanks for any clarification.Also maybe a other question.Is someone
working on any Interop between Sage and Haskell.

Best regards

Gottfried

With the exception of R and Maxima, Sage will build 64-bit on
OpenSolaris 06/2009 using x64 hardware

To get around the Maxima and R issues, you would need to type

touch sage-4.5.3.alpha0/spkg/installed/r-2.10.1.p3
touch sage-4.5.3.alpha0/spkg/installed/maxima-5.20.1.p0

in addition to the steps I outlined earlier. For a 32-bit build, you might find R and/or Maxima build OK, and so that would not be necessary.

Most effort has gone into 64-bit Solaris builds recently. 32-bit SPARC works fine. Unfortunately, the 64-bit builds present more problems, but I've not really tried 32-bit on OpenSolaris.

However, Sage is building 32-bit on Solaris 10 on both the SPARC and x86 processors, so you might find it will build 32-bit on OpenSolaris.

Dave