On 21 August 2010 13:27, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> I created the following page which will hopefully make reviewing easier:
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/NewPARI

Excellent.  Perhaps you could add the suggestion that setting
SAGE_CHECK to yes when compiling the new pari spkg will run all its
tests.  People probably do not want to build all of Sage with that
set, though.  The simplest thing I can think of to to do a complete
build without that set, and then rebuild the pari spkg using "sage -f"
after setting the flag.

If there are any failures in the pari test suite it may be something
to report upstream (but not necessarily, as it could be caused by a
problem with the spkg itself).

John