Hi!

On Sep 6, 12:55 pm, Simon King <simon.k...@nuigalway.ie> wrote:
> What do you think is the best way to cope with that problem? Is there
> a painless way to duplicate some doctests and tell the test script
> that one version is for Solaris and the other is for everything else?

I just wonder if spkg-install could patch the spkg on Solaris.

I.e.:
The spkg is distributed so that the tests work on sage.math, bsd.math,
hopefully PPC etc.
In addition, it contains a doctest patch: spkg-install verifies
whether we are on a Solaris OS, and if it is the case, the patch is
applied so that the different-but-isomorphic ring structures for
Solaris appear in the tests. With the patch, tests pass on t2.math as
well.

Do people think this is an acceptable solution?

Cheers,
Simon