Hi Dima!

On 6 Sep., 19:47, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the GAP support list we reached the conclusion that it is due to
> endianness.

Is the endianness really different on sage.math and t2.math?

This is actually a little ironic: At Sage Days XX in San Diego, a
couple of years ago, both Martin Albrecht and Michael Abshoff said
that probably my wrapper for C-MeatAxe (which is part of the package)
would not work in different endianness, due to my seemingly flawed way
of pickling matrix data.

Now, it turns out that this is no problem. I can read MeatAxe matrices
on t2.math that I saved on sage.math.

On sage.math:
sage: from pGroupCohomology.mtx import MTX
sage: M = MTX(27,[[randint(0,26) for _ in range(5)] for _ in
range(5)])
sage: print M
[17  9 14  0 10]
[15 14 19  3 19]
[16  3 19 23  8]
[ 7 24  3  2 24]
[19  3 20  1  2]
sage: save(M, 'matrixtest')

On t2:
sage: M = load('matrixtest.sobj')
sage: print M
[17  9 14  0 10]
[15 14 19  3 19]
[16  3 19 23  8]
[ 7 24  3  2 24]
[19  3 20  1  2]

But endianness strikes back in an unexpected way...

Cheers,
Simon