On Sep 7, 8:02 am, Nathann Cohen <nathann.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to answer to such an exhaustively documented message with a
> simple line David, but I honestly think that beginning to write down
> rules about how Sage developpers should deal with each other is the
> end of natural/good mood/pleasure in participating....
>
> It's a bit like life... You work with many people, you get along with
> some of them more than with others, you even have in Sage some small
> subcommunities of people working on the same parts. I don't think
> anything good would come from the invention of law in this situation
> (nor in any other, but that's another point :-D).

Perhaps slightly more practically, it might be worth putting one's
reasons for not doing further change X on the ticket and then to open
a new ticket for that.  Otherwise things can get out of control, you
are right.  I think most Sage reviewers are reasonable and realize
that this is a good solution, but might not realize it until the
author suggests it (since, after all, their hind end is on the line
too if the review is incomplete).  I agree with Nathann, though, that
having a formal policy on this would be counterproductive - each
ticket is unique.

- kcrisman