Helloooooooooooooooooo !!!!

> Hi Nathann,
> does your code provide for returning infeasibility certificates?
> in case of CPLEX Python interface, it's here:
> <lp-problem>.solution.advanced.dual_farkas()

Certificates ? No, it raises exceptions for the moment, which can give
you some idea of why it failed depending on the solver, but which kind
of certificate can you return for a MILP ? The only one I can think
about is the whole tree :-)

I'll give this method a look. But actually, if we can peacefully deal
with the C interface, there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to do
it. I mean, assuming they exposed everything in C before exposing it
in Python !

> This is something I need for our research on quantum codes; I have an
> industrial
> amount of smallish LPs, most of them infeasible, and have to
> understand why...
> I started out using Sage/cvxopt interface to GLPK, and then switched
> to CPLEX,
> as I wanted these certificates, as well as ILP solutions, when they
> exist.

Nice to know !

> By the way, CPLEX Python interface does allow cut generation from
> within Python, so claiming that Sage is the 1st do do this is a bit
> too strong...

It is not when you have ignorance on your side :-D

Well, everybody I ever met who was dealing with constraint generation
was doing it in C, the code being ages away from the original LP
formulation... Sorry for that :-)

Nathann