On 10/7/10 1:53 PM, jason-s...@creativetrax.com wrote:
(cc to both twisted and sage-devel lists)

Hi all,

In the Sage project (http://sagemath.org), we apply a patch to the
Twisted version we distribute. I'd like to clean out our custom patches
and push them upstream, if possible. So I have a couple of questions
(I'm not terribly familiar with Twisted):

1. Is the patch below generally useful?

2. Is there a better way to do this than to patch the file?

A reply on the Twisted list said:

"ssl:443:sslmethod=TLSv1_METHOD" should do what you want, I think.

Does anyone know twisted will enough to (a) understand the comment, and (b) see if it works so we can delete a patch and clean out the spkg?

Jason