On 10/10/2010 11:54 AM, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
> As part of the "rewrite interrupt handling" ticket #9678, I decided that
> _sig_on should be an *inline function* instead of a macro (one very good
> reason for this would be that we can declare it cdef inline int sig_on()
> except -1 in order to use Cython's exception propagation mechanism).
>
> For this to be possible, the syntax of _sig_on must be changed by adding
> function-call parentheses.  I also suggest to drop the leading
> underscore and make it "sig_on()" instead of "_sig_on".
>
> Right now, I would like to simply change "_sig_on" to "sig_on()" without
> changing the meaning, only the syntax.  At ticket #10115 I did just
> that.  After macro expansion, the generated code with #10115 should be
> exactly the same as before.
>
> I hope this patch #10115 can be in sage-4.6 because it would make
> development of #9678 a lot easier.  Since it doesn't actually change the
> code (after macro expansion), I think it is also safe to include it at
> this point in the sage-4.6 development process.  I hope the release
> manager agrees with me.

Are there any objections to making Jeroen's proposed change?

The sage repository patch at #10115 touches 106 files.  We could merge
it late in 4.6 or very early in 4.6.1.  The latter seems safer, but I
*might* be willing to consider the former, if #10115 has a positive
review soon and indeed does not cause any problems.