Hi SAGE developers,

I have a question regarding quotient fields of polynomial rings. I
want to iterate a polynomial in two variables over a finite field and
need to mod out higher powers. So I defined a finite field, a
polynomial ring, a quotient ring and a polynomial in it:

F.<a>=FiniteField(5)
R.<t>=PolynomialRing(F)
Q.<t>=R.quotient_ring(R.ideal(t^50))
p=1+2*t^3+t^5

Now doing p(p) SAGE tells me that p is not callable:

TypeError: 'QuotientRingElement' object is not callable

If I define p in the polynomial ring however it works fine and I could
mod out the t^50 ideal later on doing p(p(p)).mod(t^50).
The problem is that for large moduli it is quiet slow first producing
the iterate and then moding out a lot of terms, especially if the
polynomial has a larger degree or has two variables. Doing the
calculations in the quotient ring should only produce the needed terms
and calculations should be faster, right?

Is there a method to iterate a polynomial living in the quotient ring?
Why am I getting the not callable message above?

Looking forward to any help.
Best
M.