David, do you mean compute prime_pi up to some huge bound (by doing
sieving in parallel), then make a giant table with "waypoints" which
Sage refers to.

If that's what you are referring to, then yeah I guess you could get a
project out of that if it hasn't already been done. If you were a
strong programmer and knew about sieving I don't see it taking more
than a week or two of coding (lots of CPU time though).

Nathan, just in case no one else gives you a project, and you can
program in C, I have some projects. But see what else is available
first, as my priority isn't to supervise projects at the moment as I
did that over the summer. But if no one else has anything suitable, if
you email me off-list I will definitely give you details.

I'm almost certain there will be some modular forms tables that need
computing that William or someone will come up with though....

Bill.