On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Alex Leone <acle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been thinking about architecture for a while.  I'll copy some of
> my ideas to that page when I get a chance.  Hopefully we can nail down
> a general structure before the bug days in January.

That would be good.  It's important that things be well thought
through and truly implementable in the time we have -- it's pointless
to try to implement something just to run out of time.

Here's a data point, by the way.  Right now there are 42346 accounts
on sagenb.org.     If the damn site were made to scale properly, I bet
we could easily hit 100,000 accounts during 2011.    The logfile,
which records when people actually do stuff, has about 1 billion
entries since Sept 1.   It's almost a 1GB file, but if somebody wants
to study it, email me and let me know, or if you have an account on
boxen.math.washington.edu, look in /sagenb/sagenb/logs/.

Another good thing to do as part of this sprint would be to greatly
improve the logging ability of the notebook server.  The logs could,
of course, get stored to a database, for increased flexibility and
ease of querying.  They could be studied from a web admin page.
Probably we can copy ideas from Django or something.

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics