(Posted primarily to sage-edu, cc:ed to sage-devel):

Once again the Joint Meetings have a fair amount of Sage activity in
the talks.  This year, there are three I found in a very cursory
search:

http://www.ams.org/temp/mtgs-2125-1067-z1-1926.pdf (Don Krug, from the
summer PREP workshop, talking about "Teaching Introductory Computer
Programming to Mathematics Majors with SAGE.")
http://www.ams.org/temp/mtgs-2125-1067-l1-972.pdf (Our friends from
Sunkyunkwan University who have presented in the past, I think, on
"Mobile Sage-Math for Linear Algebra and its Application.")
http://www.ams.org/amsmtgs/2125_abstracts/1067-z1-1891.pdf (Gregory
Bard from Fordham on "Exploring Game Theory with SAGE, the open-source
competitor to Maple, Mathematica, Matlab and MAGMA.")

I hope I can go to some of these, especially the last one, since I'll
be teaching that this spring to some extent.  I find it particularly
interesting that the last talk essentially has the mission statement
in the title, though I'm not sure if I'm +1 or -1 on that.  Eventually
we'd want it to be the case that no explanation was needed!

Any other talks known that don't have 'sage' in the title?  Also, I
wonder if similar conferences in Europe (or elsewhere) are starting to
have such abstracts submitted...

- kcrisman