On Dec 3, 7:47 am, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can also develop a Cython interface to cddlib, to get Sage on par
> with Polymake in this regard.

I don't think this is a particularly useful project. The cddlib API
is, by today's standards, not very well designed. No automatic
documentation. PPL is, by comparison, a very nice API and at least
uses doxygen.. I also find the source code much more readable. A
student would learn much more about software best practices by leaning
to use PPL.

Implementation wise, basically all sample programs that are
distributed with cddlib end up leaking memory if you run them in
valgrind (*). Thats not a big deal if you drive them as a separate
process, but once you link the code into Sage then we must be much
more careful.

Volker

(*) That doesn't necessarily mean that cddlib leaks memory, but we'd
need to audit it carefully before we could link to it with good
conscience. But then I'm pretty sure that most of the cddlib code was
written before valgrind, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were
memory leaks.