On Dec 5, 2:00 pm, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2010-12-05 18:37, John H Palmieri wrote:
>
> > What's the difference?  Right now we never call pipestatus with
> > arguments in this form, do we?
>
> Actually we do in the "make build" rule:
>     $(PIPE) "cd spkg && ./install all 2>&1" "tee -a ../install.log"

Oh, you're right.  Would it be better just to specify an absolute
pathname?  Or to use "tee -a install.log" but to add parentheses or
something to make it clearer how the commands are to be parsed?

> So the question becomes: do we want to write "tee -a ../install.log" or
> "tee -a install.log" if we want install.log to appear in the *current*
> directory?

Does it matter that much, as long as it's documented?  Right now it is
already documented in Makefile, and it should be better documented in
pipestatus itself.

--
John