On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 at 12:22AM -0800, Rob Beezer wrote:
>  Excepting the above - I want to build matrices out of sets of vectors
> where the vectors become columns (as optional behavior).

Big thumbs up to being able to easily make matrices whose columns are
specified vectors.

This past semester, I taught a basic linear algebra course (the first
I've done that's *only* linear algebra, no differential equations, etc).
I didn't use Sage, but if -- uh, I mean, *when* -- I do so in the
future, building matrices using vectors as columns will be key.

There are a number of "basic moves" in linear algebra that you do all
the time when describing algorithms, doing proofs, and so on. The better
Sage supports those basic moves, the easier it will be to experiment
with basic linear algebra stuff.

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake