> On 10 February 2011 20:32, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I get essentially (probably exactly) the same errors on OS X 10.4
> > PPC.    If anyone else tries this, don't forget you have to rebuild (./
> > sage -f maxima) Maxima after building the new ECL.
> >
> > Francois' idea is great.  I mentioned the apparent bug, which was
> > pointed out on the Maxima list (handling 1 versus true):
> >
> > http://www.math.utexas.edu/pipermail/maxima/2011/023868.html
> >
> > Maybe in the meantime that has been explained/dealt with, but I'm not
> > on the ecl devel list.
>
> I am on the ECL list, but had not noticed anything - had other things
> on my mind lately.
>
> Perhaps we can upgrade Maxima to the latest, which will improve the
> integration and upgrade ECL to something that does not have this bug,
> but solves my Solaris bug. (Of source, Murphy's law says the ECL bug
> was introduced before the Solaris/ECL bug was fixed).

Reading the message linked by Karl it seems easy to patch for this
behavior. Of course there could be other problems elsewhere with a similar
origin. I'd say we should go ahead with a patch in maxima (line 831 of the file
src/ifactor.lisp). That's a number of doctests to correct. Will do a run of
sage-on-gentoo with ecl-11.1.1 and maxima-5.23.2 to check all the broken
doctests.

Francois

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.