On 10 February 2011 20:59, Francois Bissey
<francois.bis...@canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> Reading the message linked by Karl it seems easy to patch for this
> behavior. Of course there could be other problems elsewhere with a similar
> origin. I'd say we should go ahead with a patch in maxima (line 831 of the
> file
> src/ifactor.lisp). That's a number of doctests to correct. Will do a run of
> sage-on-gentoo with ecl-11.1.1 and maxima-5.23.2 to check all the broken
> doctests.
>
> Francois

It appears this was a bug created by ECL which the ECL developer has
acknowledged

http://www.mail-archive.com/ecls-list@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00671.html

and is fixed in CVS. So I think we should leave Maxima untouched, and
instead apply a patch to ECL

What is not clear from that posting is where in the ECL code the bug
is, but clearly this is an ECL bug, and may cause other issues we are
so far unaware of.

Dave