> While I assume that some people at WRI may be observing the Sage
Yes, I can definitely confirm this.
> activity, I doubt that they feel Sage breathing down their necks.
I agree - so far.  But it was amazing how many visitors we had at the
JMM booth talking about doing an institutional switch.  If larger
state consortia and other institutions keep having year after year of
hard budgets, this could change.  But for most places that can afford
it, continuity is the biggest thing - hence places that still use
Derive or other less well-known systems than Mma or Maple.

- kcrisman