On 2/28/11 3:26 PM, jtyard wrote:
Hi,

I'm running sage 4.6.1 and cannot use plot after loading mpmath.
Namely, running

from mpmath import *
plot(lambda t: sin(2*pi*t), [1, 4])

produces no output in the notebook.  I'm loading mpmath because I need
to make plots of theta functions, and the page

http://mpmath.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/build/functions/elliptic.html#jacobi-theta-functions

tells me to first run "from mpmath import *" to gain access to jtheta.

Presumably this is a bug?

It's working exactly according to design. The problem here is that the mpmath plot overwrote the Sage plot. In general, it's discouraged to do an "import *". Instead, try doing this:

sage: import mpmath

then prefix each mpmath command with "mpmath":

sage: mpmath.jtheta(1, 0.25, '0.2')
mpf('0.29451207986273')

Thanks,

Jason