On 3/11/11 7:22 AM, Hector wrote:
Yes I do have a write permission to /home/hector/.sage//temp/

If you do have write permissions to that directory (*with* the double slash), then the double slash may not be the problem.

And that file looks like this -

" ============================================================================
" Netrw Directory Listing                                        (netrw v136)
"   /home/hector/.sage/temp
"   Sorted by      name
"   Sort sequence:
[\/]$,\<core\%(\.\d\+\)\=\>,\.h$,\.c$,\.cpp$,*,\.o$,\.obj$,\.info$,\.swp$,\.bak$,\~$
"   Quick Help:<F1>:help  -:go up dir  D:delete  R:rename  s:sort-by  x:exec
.../
hector/
cleaner-hector.pid

I don't know how to understand those permissions (I'm not familiar with your filesystem, apparently). However, it seems like the file is sitting there. Can you manually make the file that Sage claims it doesn't have permission for? Maybe the cleaner-hector.pid file can't be deleted or something?

How did you fixed your problem?

We haven't fixed the double slash problem yet, but you can see the last few comments on the ticket: http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9238

It sounds like it may need to be a patch to Sage.

Thanks,

Jason