On 13 March 2011 15:34, Julien PUYDT <julien.pu...@laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the most serious problem I see in my ARM port is the following :
>
> File "/home/jpuydt/sage-4.6.2/devel/sage/sage/structure/sage_object.pyx",
> line 1053:
>    sage: print "x"; sage.structure.sage_object.unpickle_all()  # long time
> (4s on sage.math, 2011)
> Expected:
>    x...
>    Successfully unpickled ... objects.
>    Failed to unpickle 0 objects.
> Got:
>     * unpickle failure:

<snip>

>    Failed to unpickle 5 objects.
>

> Pickling looks like a python feature, so perhaps it's more a python-on-ARM
> more than a sage-on-ARM issue... does someone have a clue?
>
> Snark on #sage-devel

Have you run the Python test suite?

$ SAGE_CHECK=yes
$ export SAGE_CHECK
$ ./sage -f python-2.6.x (or whatever version we have)

That will run the Python test suite. ~Just about everyone gets some
failures, but if you get pickling failure, then report that upstream
to the Python developers. If you are lucky, someone might suggest a
patch.

Dave