2011/4/11 Dr. David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net>:
> The latest stable release of gcc is 4.6.0. Does anyone know of any problems
> building Sage apart from these 4 I am aware of.
>
> 1) Singular fails to build
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11084

  It is working for me in Mandriva, but in Mandriva it should be building
with -O2 (using mostly default rpm build options), so, -O3 may be
showing some compiler problem.

> 2) Lcalc fails to build
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/10892
> (merged in sage-4.7.alpha4 )

  I just if 0'ed all lcalc_to_double functions and defined a macro
that casts the argument to double...

> 3) PolyBoRi fails to build on Solaris
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11083
> (merged in sage-4.7.alpha4 )

  Compiles cleanly on Mandriva.

> 4) Rubiks failing a doctest on Solaris
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11168
> (needs review).

  doctest works, but, for testing purposes I am using,
sage 4.6.2, singular and polybori rebuilt with gcc 4.6.0,
and lcalc with minor patch and rebuilt with gcc 4.6.0.
Most other packages were not yet rebuilt with newer
gcc.

> On what systems have people checked Sage with gcc 4.6.0?
>
> I doubt anyone will escape the first two of these bugs if using gcc 4.6.0.
> The third is definitely going to be specific to Solaris. The fourth might
> show up on other platforms, though I've only seen it with OpenSolaris.
>
> Has anyone tried gcc 4.6.0 on OS X??

Paulo