> So that issue still exists in Maple 15, however it is generally much better
> because memory is recycled.

As far as I understand on my side, the problem with parallelization is
that malloc locks threads, therefore I can only parallelize code that
does not allocate memory. That's why I can not improve much timings in
the sparse case for more cores, because I need to allocate GMP
integers for a lot of terms to make polynomials once the
multiplication is done using immediate int128. I believe TRIP is using
it's own allocator with probably distincts heaps for each thread.

> As for Giac, thanks for the update.  I look forward to timing it for our
> next paper :)

The TRIP benchmark is perhaps a bit unfair for SDMP, because it
probably uses the symbolic representation for Maple compared to the
polynomial representation for trip and giac. This should not be
sensitive for the dense case, but is probably for the sparse case.