Hi,

I was preparing a lecture [1] on rpy2 [2] in Sage (version 4.6.2) and notice
that the following very important central bit of rpy2 functionality --
namely converting a numpy array to R -- seems to be horribly broken:

sage: import rpy2.robjects as robjects      # standard
sage: import rpy2.robjects.numpy2ri         # enable automatic
conversion from numpy to R
sage: import numpy                                   # make numpy available
sage: print robjects.r(numpy.array([1,2,3], dtype=float))       # try
it out; sad result.
[1] 3

The output *should* be a vector with 3 entries, I think.
There are similar problems with numpy arrays.

The same problem happens with 4.7.rc1.

I've never used rpy2 seriously before now, so if I'm just confused,
can somebody who knows rpy2 better let me know.

 -- William

[1]  http://flask.sagenb.org/home/pub/57/
[2] http://rpy.sourceforge.net/rpy2/doc-2.0/html/numpy.html

--