Hi folks,

Someone sent the message below to me off-list.

Regards
Minh Van Nguyen

Dear all

I hit an error when building sage 4.7.0 on mac os x server 10.6.7 (on a mac=
 mini, running in 64-bit kernel mode). I tried to build the package in a su=
bfolder of /Library. This specific location triggers a condition in the set=
up.py script of scons-1.2.0, after which it will try to install the corresp=
onding library in /usr/local/lib (so outside the source/build folder). Not =
having writing rights in that location, the build process exits with an err=
or.

The fix is an easy one: comment out the following lines in the setyp.py scr=
ipt of scons-1.2.0:
>         if force_to_usr_local(self):                                     =
                                                                           =
                             =20
>             self.install_dir =3D '/usr/local/lib'                        =
       =20

(three times throughout the file)

Actually I think these lines can safely be removed together with force_to_u=
sr_local; they serve no purpose as far as I can see (in no case should buil=
ding sage try to write outside the source/build folder).

Regards

Jasper