On 6/22/11 11:50 AM, Florent Hivert wrote:
3. Scientific Software Innovation Institutes (S2I2): S2I2 awards will focus on
the establishment of long-term hubs of excellence in software infrastructure
and technologies, which will serve a research community of substantial size and
disciplinary breadth.

Didn't some people submit a proposal for a software institute a while ago? It seems like I remember something about an open-source scientific software institute that could host visitors working on various projects, sponsor workshops and outreach activities, etc. Apparently this deadline is not for S2I2 proposals, but maybe soon...

I agree that Sage and/or sage-combinat are great projects for SSE or SSI proposals. If I wasn't already committed for the next few years, I'd love to help out.

Thanks,

Jason