Hi Ivo,

On 18 Jul., 12:15, Ivo Hedtke <hed...@me.com> wrote:

> Why do you wan't to use Strassen for Matrix Multiplication? This algorithms is
> not as stable as naive algorithm (if one uses floating point numbers, if you
> use
> it for symbol computations that is no problem).

I work over finite fields.

> It is also not very fast for
> small matrices.

That's why there is a cutoff.

> Why not Winograd's method.

Practical answer: Since I found that there is a framework for the
Strassen multiplication in Sage (see sage.matrix.strassen), but I
don't know whether a similar support exists for the Coppersmith-
Winograd algorithm.

search_src('Winograd') told me that the multiplication algorithm used
in sage.matrix.matrix_mod2_dense is called "Strassen-Winograd", but
the asymptotics seems to coincide with what I know as Strassen
algorithm.

> Or something like Tiling or Loop-Unrolling?

Would that change the asymptotics?

Cheers,
Simon