Hi Ivo,

On 18 Jul., 13:32, hedtke <hed...@me.com> wrote:
> With the in-memory variant I mean: "Boyer, Dumans, Pernet and Zhou: Memory
> efficient scheduling of Strassen-Winograd's matrix multiplication algorithm.
> International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation 2009."

Of course, I can not speak for LinBox. But the stuff in
sage.matrix.strassen could really be a bit more memory efficient: It
uses more than 5 times the temporary memory that is needed even in the
least memory efficient multiplication algorithm from the paper you
cited.

So, I'm now trying to improve the performance of sage.matrix.strassen.

Cheers,
Simon