Le 22/07/2011 23:35, Ondřej Čertík a écrit :
Hi Thierry,

http://qsnake.com/

And I'll be happy to integrate things back to Sage. I didn't announce
the Qsnake project publicly yet, because I am not happy with the web
pages yet, but I am currently busy finishing some work, and I'll get
to it probably at the end of the summer again.

Which exact things are you interested in integrating back? I'll be
happy to discuss it more.

Ondrej

Hi,

I can give different answers:
1) Sage is said to build an alternative to, maple,..., and *matlab*.
Matlab has a FEM toolbox, so we need something like this.

2) It is clear for me that it would not be serious to introduce an industrial fem code: the target is research and teaching. In France we use Freefem for this, which is quite nice: I do not think that Freefem could be introduced in Sage easily, but what actually Freefem does is interesting: given a problem (say Navier Stokes equations in 2d) you can very easily play with different elements, different temporal schemes, different linear solver. Uou can also define easily your finite element, which is interesting for research.

I am very intersted by Qsnake.

Yours,
t.d.