Forwarding this as I've gotten a couple things about it - I assume
this is not created by any separate standards organization but could
be worth knowing about/having conversion from... I can't afford Mma so
I don't know if these are just Mma notebooks with window-dressing or
something more interesting.

- kcrisman

++++++++++

Today's online documents are like yesterday's paper--flat,
lifeless, and inactive.

Enter the Computable Document Format (CDF), a new public standard
merging the simplicity of documents and interactivity of apps
into a single, computation-powered knowledge container that
empowers readers to drive content and generate results live.

With Mathematica 8, you can easily create new interactive
courseware, presentations, or papers or convert your existing
classroom material by simply saving files as CDFs. The free
Wolfram CDF Player lets anyone interact with your materials
directly in a web browser--greatly increasing reader engagement
and understanding.

Explore some CDF examples:
http://www.wolfram.com/cdf/uses-examples
* Interactive reports and presentations