On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Rob Beezer <goo...@beezer.cotse.net> wrote:
> Interesting to note how Wolfram has created a new document format and
> associated player to control communication of embedded computational
> objects with their software.  While on the other hand, the Sage single
> cell server (even in its infancy) allows one to embed a computational
> object in a variety of existing document formats, which can then
> communicate with an unencumbered Sage server.  Which container do you
> want to put your knowledge in?

We could write an article about this for the Notices of the AMS.  It
would make a great  1-page opinion piece in my opinion.  Or we could
try to get it in this new column:

    http://www.ams.org/notices/201107/rtx110700893p.pdf

which is called "The Changing Nature of Mathematical Publication".

We could argue for Sage over Wolfram for mathematical publication.

 -- William

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics