On 19 sep, 22:56, leif <not.rea...@online.de> wrote:
> On 19 Sep., 12:42, Jean-Pierre Flori <jpfl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
>
> > Would anyone mind if I update parts of the wiki page for spkg
> > tracking ?
>
> No, of course not. I occasionally update (parts of) it, but not on a
> regular basis.
>
> My impression was it isn't used much anyway, maybe just because it's
> obsolete in many places. :-)
>
> > I would also like to add links to related trac tickets (e.g. pari
> > 2.5.0) or discussions here (for example for the status of FLINT 1.6
> > and 2.x)
>
> Hmmm, perhaps better on the packages' wiki pages (at least some exist
> IIRC).
OK, I also thought about it.

> I always wanted to track any (including pending) changes to spkgs
> somewhere, either on one or more meta-ticket(s), or a wiki page,
> probably better in trac's wiki rather than MoinMoin.
I don't know what's the best place to put it is.
I must admit I rarely look at the wiki (I wasn't aware that I had
automatically an account there), but the page already exist, so let's
update it for now.
Maybe it should be mentionned explicitely in the developper guide
pages about spkgs to look at the wiki pages of the corresponding
packages...

> At the moment it's quite tedious to search potentially concurring spkg
> tickets on trac, even when using the Google group sage-trac instead of
> trac itself.
I definitely agree with you.

> Worse, some people omit ticket numbers in both the spkg's changelog
> (in SPKG.txt) as well as in the commit messages, which complicates
> things when looking for more information on previous changes. The
> latter should IMHO also contain the package's version (foo-x.y.z.pN),
> though we *meanwhile* (automatically) tag the last changeset when an
> spkg gets merged.
I'll take that into account when finishing my packages for
multiprecision.org.
The packages are kind of dirty now, especially everything about *FLAGS
which I copied from the previous mpc spkgs.