On 4 Okt., 19:47, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 5:02 AM, Jason Grout <jason-s...@creativetrax.com>
> wrote:
> > On 10/4/11 6:57 AM, Jason Grout wrote:
>
> >> Other times, the formatting is gone (it looks like maybe a CSS page
> >> didn't load), the OpenID icons are gone, etc.
>
> > Indeed: in the error console, I see things like jquery.js, jquery.openid.js,
> > etc., not loading due to 502 Proxy errors.
>
> It was probably due to too many processes at once.  Right now the
> notebook server doesn't sufficiently clean up after itself with ssh
> connections, etc.   I restarted the notebook and it is fine, but I
> won't be surprised if this happens again in a week or two.

$ ~leif/bin/sagenb-procs
418 SageNB processes on mod. ( 419 users, load average: 15.05, 14.27,
13.60)
110 SageNB processes on boxen. ( 126 users, load average: 3.91, 3.95,
3.82)
(Fri Oct  7 14:02:10 UTC 2011)

Ooops. I should s/processes/users/ and perhaps rename the script.

(I didn't try sagenb, so I didn't get any errors :-) but the number of
SageNB users on mod seems equally large as it was when Jason
encountered sporadic errors IIRC.)

Although the number of SageNB-related *processes* isn't /that/ large:

$ ssh mod ps ax -f | grep -c sagenb
3463

~2ct,

-leif