Yes, I probably should have said that the spirit of sage is in sync
with
the spirit of this manifesto.  One of the founding principles of sage
is
that one should be able to check the code to verify claims by authors,
and the manifesto addresses that same issue.  Were the manifesto
to be generally embraced, systems like sage would likely benefit most
because they don't leave a black box component like matlab or maple.

I imagine that the manifesto is minimal in order to have a chance to
be
widely embraced.  But again I'd suggest that any move towards
open code publishing would favor a completely open solutions like
sage.