Hmmm. I did work at CMU last year on a Journal article.
It was based on about 3 years of research work. The article
was completed, submitted for review, and accepted. CMU
required that I sign over the copyright to them. Springer
required that I sign over the copyright to them, despite
an agreement between CMU and Springer. It turned out that
the agreement was between CMU and Springer USA but the
Journal is published by Springer Europe.

Ultimately the two lawyers could not agree and my Journal
article was withdrawn during production. CMU now holds the
copyright. Three years of work and I have nothing, no rights
and no publication.

As a major advocate of Literate Programming I was hoping to
publish a follow-on paper that included the actual source
code. Why bother?

Tim Daly