On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:27 PM, john.hoebing <jlhs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've reviewed those two tickets and I see some
> discussion about the combo of Lion/Xcode4 but
> I don't see a pointer to either a tar ball or patches
> to get an alpha 4.8 sage that will (start to) build
> on OS 10.7.x.

One of John Palmierri's comments on the main ticket (
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11881) has links to both a
source tarball with all fixes included and a prebuilt binary that was
built on Lion + XCode 4.x.  He writes:

"From sage -bdist:
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/palmieri/misc/sage-4.8.alpha0-x86_64-Darwin.dmg

 From sage -sdist:
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/palmieri/misc/sage-4.8.alpha1-trac11881.tar.";

If you are building from source, I think you have to set the SAGE_PORT
environment variable, as explained in the error message that stops the
build (I think).

William