I've reviewed those two tickets and I see some
discussion about the combo of Lion/Xcode4 but
I don't see a pointer to either a tar ball or patches
to get an alpha 4.8 sage that will (start to) build
on OS 10.7.x.

My build system is a new mac mini with
Lion/Xcode4 installed by default, and I'm not
going to try to regress to Xcode3.  If someone
can help me get a sage alpha that doesn't
complain about X4 then I'll start helping to debug.